So let us talk about the all-new skin care ‘secret’ — baking soda for acne scars.
Acne — Perhaps the most common skin problem. Isn’t it? You’d be relating to it if you are facing a lasting version of acne with random breakouts as well as the treatments that just don’t help.
So tell me how about trying a thing that’s something different? Don’t worry; I’m not asking you to buy those expensive products or lotions. In fact, I’m talking about something that’s present in your kitchen? How about using baking soda for acne scars? Impressive, isn’t it?
Yes! Now you don’t have to use baking soda only for food preparation or cleaning or housework. In fact, now, you can use it to cure acne, spots and skin conditions.
Baking soda for acne scars: Impressive remedy for curing a skin condition
‘Baking soda on acne’ is a natural medication that commendably diminishes the appearance of stubborn acne scars on your skin. Besides being readily obtainable at home, baking soda on acne is an economical solution that offers long-term outcomes of removing blemishes and acne on the skin.
Is using baking soda for acne scars worth it?
So, is baking soda good for acne? Well, if you use it the right way, baking soda mask for acne can make a HUGE difference.
Wondering how it works for getting you rid of that stubborn skin condition? Here are some of the remarkable baking soda face mask’ benefits that let you get rid of those annoying scars.
- Using baking soda on acne restores the pH balance of the natural skin by reducing the germs from clumping.
- Using baking soda for acne scars boosts the development of collagen to fill the indented pimple marks. It, consequently, supports in peeling the skin by boosting the development of new skin cells.
- It exfoliates the skin to eliminate dirt, extra oil and dead skin cells that get stuck in the pores of your skin.
- It’s great to use baking soda for acne scars as it has a brilliant natural lightening and bleaching property. As a result, it helps clear the acne marks on the skin by lightening up the skin tone.
- The anti-inflammatory property of baking soda soothes the irritation and redness of pimples. It mildly scraps the mark — layer by layer — to eliminate acne blemishes.
So, does baking soda help with acne? Or is baking soda acne mask worth it?
The answer is undoubted — INDEED!
How does baking soda acne treatment work?
To start with, let us understand how using baking soda on acne can help you get rid of pimples and spots.
- Well, do you know that baking soda is amphoteric? AMPHOTERIC… What does that mean? That means that it can work as either an acid or a base. On these grounds, it neutralises the pH imbalances on your skin.
- Over and above, on mixing with water, baking soda forms a fine, coarse paste that helps in cleaning or exfoliating the skin. Thus and so, it helps in eliminating oil, dust and dead skin cells.
- Baking soda has slight anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that possibly lessen the size of spots.
So, indeed baking soda acne mask can neutralise additional acids applied to the skin. It is further beneficial for soothing prickly skin, mainly when eczema triggers the irritation. It can decrease foul smells caused by skin infections as well.
Even though baking soda for acne scars may not be as useful as those specialised acne-treating cosmetics available in the market, it still works reasonably well.
So now, when you know that baking soda for acne scars is indeed an excellent remedy, let us talk about – “how do you use baking soda for acne scars?”
How to use baking soda for acne treatment?
Now that you know well about the advantages of using baking soda on acne, it’s time to understand how to use baking soda for acne scars. Here, I’m sharing the most excellent ways to use baking soda for acne treatment. All you need to do is pick the best quality baking soda and follow these ways and means to reduce those marks on your gorgeous face.
So catch a glimpse of these incredible baking soda remedies for acne!
Baking soda and lemon juice for acne
- Two tablespoon water
- Two tablespoon baking soda
- One teaspoon lemon juice
- Skin Cream or Lotion
- Blend the water, baking soda and lemon juice to acquire baking soda and lemon face mask.
- Wash your face with a cleaning product and pat dry.
- Apply a thin layer of baking soda mask for acne on your face.
- Let the baking soda and lemon face mask rest for about 15 minutes and then wash it down with warm water.
- Apply the lotion or cream at the end.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a week.
Lemon controls the production of oil in your skin while reducing your pores. Furthermore, baking soda and lemon benefits by destroying the bacteria and decreasing inflammation and redness.
Baking soda and honey for acne
- One tablespoon raw honey
- One tablespoon baking soda
- Cream or Lotion
- Blend the baking soda and honey to obtain baking soda and honey mask.
- Splash some water on your face and clean it with soap and pat dry.
- Spread the baking soda and honey mask on the affected parts of your face.
- Keep a warm washcloth on your face and hold off for about 5 minutes.
- As soon as the cloth cools off, rub off the paste and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Apply cold cream or lotion on your face.
- Repeat the same process with baking soda and lemon juice for acne – at least 2-3 times per week.
Baking soda and honey for acne bind moisture to your face. Moreover, it possesses some bleaching properties that weaken the blemishes left behind by pimples. Baking soda and honey mask checks acne and diminish marks to give the flawless skin you deserve.
Coconut oil and baking soda face wash for acne
- Face Wash
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon coconut oil
- Take a small amount of face wash and blend it with baking soda and coconut oil.
- Wash your face with water and use coconut oil and baking soda face wash for acne to massage your face mildly.
- Keep rubbing this baking soda acne wash on your face for a while, and as soon as your face feels fresh, wash it off with warm water.
- Pat your face dry.
- Apply the moisturizer as a final point.
- Repeat this procedure with 2-3 times a week.
The coconut oil and baking soda face wash dissolves the extra oil in your skin and takes it away. For the most part, coconut oil and baking soda face wash cleanses your skin and destroys germs, helping you fight pimples.
Apple cider vinegar and baking soda for acne scars
- One tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- One tablespoon baking soda
- One tablespoon water
- Blend the water and baking soda to attain a smooth paste.
- Clean your face thoroughly and pat dry.
- Spread the paste of baking soda and water for acne on the affected parts.
- Let it rest on your face for about 15-20 minutes and then wash off with cold or hand-hot water.
- At last, apply some moisturizer on your skin.
- Now, the following day, soak a washcloth in the apple cider vinegar.
- Pat it on the affected zones of your face.
- Let it settle for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold or warm water.
- Keep alternating the remedies for apple cider vinegar and baking soda for acne scars every day.
Using baking soda on acne helps in exfoliation of your skin while drying out your pimple. The apple cider vinegar preserves the pH balance of your skin, thus, not allowing your skin become too alkaline. Apple cider vinegar and baking soda for acne scars further help in decreasing your pores.
Olive Oil and Baking Soda for Acne Scars
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One tablespoon baking soda
- Mix the baking soda and the olive oil to obtain a smooth paste.
- Put this paste on the affected parts and softly massage in circular motions for around 5 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Repeat this process on a regular basis.
Olive oil holds antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in soothing, conditioning, and restoring your skin. This medication would not just prevent skin conditions, but it would help in vanishing marks with the soothing properties of olive oil.
Is It Safe To Use Baking Soda For Acne Scars?
Are you a bit skeptical of using baking soda for acne scars?
Well, that’s entirely alright! After all, every person’s skin is different. And what may go well with other’s skin might not go well with you.
In my opinion, you need to be cautious while using baking soda acne mask on sensitive skin. The baking soda itself is very drying and at times, causes irritation and redness on sensitive skin.
However, taking everything into account, using baking soda on acne is not hurtful on your skin. But then again, it would be a better idea to be careful and conduct a little patch test before applying the baking soda acne mask on your face. If you experience any undesirable side effects, do not carry on. In fact, even if you do not experience any harmful side effects, avoid using baking soda acne mask on a regular basis. Far along, the baking soda acne mask may perhaps trouble the pH balance of your skin, leading to blemishes and bacteriological growth.
Do’s and Don’ts while using baking soda for acne scars
Consistent use of baking soda for acne scars may dry your skin. So, it’s better to use some cold cream or lotion to prevent dryness. Here are few significant “do’s and don’ts” to follow while using baking soda acne mask to clear your marks.
- I’d recommend you to perform a patch test before using baking soda for acne scars.
- Baking soda mask for acne makes your skin dry. So use some cream or lotion after following every single process.
- Do not rub the baking soda hard on your face.
- For better results, use baking soda acne mask at night before sleeping as cell regeneration increases during the night.
- Using baking soda for acne scars may perhaps cause some irritation or hurtful sensations. Rinse it off instantly if this takes place.
- For vanishing acne marks and blemishes on your face, you must carry out a consistent effort patiently without missing the mark.
- If you’re going through any skin condition, always refer to your dermatologist before applying baking soda on acne.
That’s all you need to know about baking soda for acne treatment
Yes! So, for now, that’s all you need to know about baking soda for acne scars.
Now, use baking soda for acne scars as a natural remedy and restrain your skin’s exposure to the substance. Use some moisturiser well along. Over and above, if you experience side issues as aftermath including discomfort, pain or rashes, visit a dermatologist right away.
Hope you’ll try these ways and means of using baking soda for acne scars and share your experience with us.